I was recently lucky enough to receive some skin care and makeup products from Olga’s Organics, and guys.. I am in love!! As many of you are already aware, I am the number one mascot for team skin care (I realize that’s not a saying, but I apparently just made it one). I would much rather spend money on high end skin care products than on high end makeup. We need to take care of our bodies and skin ladies, they’re with us for life!
Upon realization of all the harmful and unnatural toxins found within popular makeup and skin care products, the founder of Olga’s Organics, Olga, decided to create her own natural beauty products at home. By doing so, she’s able to produce products that are USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Paraben Free, Petrolatum Free, BHA Free, Sodium Laureth Sulfate Free, Vegan, and most importantly never tested on our animal friends.
Below I’ve shared with you the products that I was sent, enjoy!
Olga’s Organics’ Loose Face Powder in Translucent
The first product I received in my package was their loose face powder that consisted of seven natural ingredients. Yes, you heard me correct, only seven ingredients. Amazing, right? I’ve listed these seven ingredients below for your convenience.
Let’s break it down!
- USDA Organic Lavender Essential Oil. This essential oil tones the skin and boosts circulation through cell renewal, while containing anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that fight bacteria which cause acne and inflammation. Thus, detoxifying the skin.
- USDA Organic Ginger. Ginger contains about 40 antioxidant compounds that protect against aging and nourishingly softens the skin by stimulating circulation. By applying it to your forehead, ginger is also a natural remedy for migraines!
- USDA Organic Cacao. Cacao actually protects the skin from harmful UV rays by acting as a natural sunscreen, all while containing vitamins C and Magnesium to keep the skin hydrated. The omega 6 fatty acids present in the cacao also help to heal wounds and scars- which is super neat!
- USDA Organic Nutmeg. Nutmeg is a natural astringent which provides relief from skin blemishes and acne, also delivering moisture to your skin- so you can have blemish free skin without the dryness, it’s a win-win!
- USDA Organic Arrowroot. Arrowroot is a light, soft, and absorbent powder that creates a smoother surface by enabling the skin to absorb moisture. It’s also rich with vitamins A and C!
- USDA Organic Cinnamon. Cinnamon helps to restore the shine and suppleness in the skin by removing dead skin cells, and the anti-bacterial properties fight skin dryness.
- Bentonite Clay. This clay includes over 50 minerals and causes accelerated healing and nourishment to the skin.
Olga’s Organics’ Loose Face Powder comes in three shades- translucent, light, and medium. As I regularly wear powders in the shade translucent, I decided to opt for that one. The powder is so fine that I barely noticed I was wearing any makeup at all- which is absolutely perfect for those of you who dislike the feeling of sporting face makeup! Definitely go check this product out!!
Olga’s Organics’ Kabuki Brush
Along with my loose face powder, I was sent Olga’s Kabuki Brush made with vegan fibres. And oh my goodness, don’t you just looove the softness and cleanliness of new brushes?!! You just can’t beat it. Well, not only are their brushes super DUPER soft, but they also promote sustainability. I’ll explain in point form below- because let’s be honest, point form is just so much more appealing to read!
P.s. Isn’t this quote detail on their packaging just adorable?
- Bamboo Handle. By incorporating bamboo into the product, Olga is helping to reduce deforestation- as bamboo typically grows 25 times faster than other wood types.
- Good Quality. Kabuki brushes have to probably be my all time favourite brush type (if that’s even a thing), so I know a good brush when I see one. With no shedding and a solid handle, this brush is a must have for makeup application!
- Vegan Fibres. Olga not only creates vegan face and body products, but also applicators- so neat! Prior to coming in contact with her company, I never would have even thought there were vegan brushes out there. You too? Now that you know, go get one for yourself!
- Soft. I know I’ve already been over the brush’s softness, but it’s just SO soft!
Olga’s Organics’ Whipped Body Butter in Lavender
Okay so this product has to be my favourite out of the three sent to me. Not to pick favourites or anything, but you’d understand to try it. It is absolutely WONDERFUL. There are far too many good things to say about this body butter, but I’ll link a few standout features below!
- THE SMELL. Um hello lavender, it’s ever so nice to meet you. If you’ve ever been to Thermea spa then you’ll be able to easily compare the scent to that of Thermea’s lavender body scrub. Yum. Oh, and did I mention the lavender oil is USDA organic certified?
- USDA Organic Certified. As stated above; and, obviously a huge bonus.
- Dryness Relief. I get extremely dry hands in the colder months and; as we are just coming out of freezing temperatures here in Manitoba, it is crucial that I have reliant skin care. For my first use, I put this product on on my hands and arms and left it over night. By the morning I felt like a new person- not literally, but you know what I mean. Everything was so soft and smooth. I don’t know this soft hands Quinn very well, but I already love her!
- Natural & Vegan Ingredients. I’ll quickly list off the ingredients found in this body butter so you can see why I’m so excited about this product.
Raw/Unrefined Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Oil, Arrowroot Flour, and a proprietary blend of Non GMO Vitamin(s) and USDA Organic Essential Oil(s).
Have you ever seen an ingredient list so appealing?? If you know me at all, you’ll know my love for coconut oil; I use it every night as my facial moisturizer (and for like a whole bunch of other things haha). The incorporated shea butter is a step up from just my jar of coconut oil; the coconut oil mixed with the shea butter is a match made in heaven!
I am so so SO happy with the turnout of these products, and I highly recommend Olga’s products to anyone and everyone. I’ll link her website here for your convenience, definitely go check out her natural makeup and body products!
*All photos are courtesy of Jorja Coral Photography.
*All products are courtesy of Olga’s Organics.
Thanks for reading, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a single post!